Huntly Golf Club Logo

 

Huntly Golf CourseNew scorecard for website

 

Huntly Golf Course is classed as a parkland course and 5,359 yards in length from the medal tees and 4,749 yards from the ladies’.

The course lies between the River Deveron and the River Bogie, with the “meetings of the waters” occurring at the 12th and 13th tees. There are five par 3’s on the course, the shorted being the 6th at 105 yards.

The signature hole is the par 3 2nd, which has the ruins of Huntly Castle, home to Clan Gordon, as a backdrop. The Meadow Burn meanders through the course until it reaches the River Bogie.

*Clubs and Trolley hire available*

 

 

 

Course History

Huntly Golf Club was formed in 1892 on land that was situated between the “meetings of the waters” and “The Castle”. At the onset of war in 1914, the  golf course was put under cultivation and it was not until the summer of 1923 before play commenced again. In 1938 the course was extended to 18 holes. However with the onset of war in 1939 the course reverted to 9 holes.

Sheep was a common sight on the course in the late 1940s and the rent from the grazing was a major source of income for the Club. The original Club house was built in the 1960s and the new Club house in the 1980s. On 14th October 1966, after a lapse of 26 years, the course was again played over 18 holes.

Huntly Golf Course was eventually purchased from Gordon District Council 1987.